The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Return to Listing
Catering Sales Coordinator
Application Deadline: 09/14/2019
Organization: Harvard University
Location: Cambridge, MA
Salary: Salary grade 54
Catering Sales Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for the sales, planning and successful execution of catered events for Crimson Catering, encompassing but not limited to, the menu planning and detailing for various conferences and social engagements, as well as daily catering requests. Responsible for ensuring high standards of service and customer satisfaction are consistently achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for detailing events as assigned by the Catering Sales Manager, including selecting and customizing specialty menus, event set up details, rental requirement needs and staffing with minimal supervision.
- Acts as point person for various standing clients as assigned by Sales Manager. Represents Crimson Catering and HUDS to faculty, staff, student and guests in a professional manner.
- Areas of concentration will include, but not limited to, conference planning, university wide events and social events.
- Gathers and maintains data and assists in preparing reports often using a variety of computer software, including Catermate, Word and Excel.
- Provides for smooth day to day flow of communications within the Catering Department. This includes communicating the vision of the clients to the Events and Kitchen teams, creating well thought out events and menus based on the needs of clients, focusing on Crimson Catering style events.
- May be called upon to supervise all aspects of onsite event execution, inclusive of set up, service, and cleanup for events as needed based on levels of business.
- Supports the needs of a diverse work environment.
- Professionally communicate with clients via written communication accurately and consistently.
- Ensure establishment, communication, and compliance of appropriate sanitation and safety standards.
- Positively interacts with clients and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels within the clients department or organization.
- Keep abreast of and advise client, customers, and staff on current catering trends and products.
- Performs other duties assigned by Sales Manager.
- Three years of related experience required.
- Proficiency in Catermate or similar catering booking software, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel) and ability to learn new software applications as needed.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management preferred, but not required.
- Experience and related sales experience with an off-premise caterer, hotel, collegiate, or corporate caterer preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated creativity in developing menus and presentation for simple to complex catered events.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) skills and an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Good professional judgment and ability to independently make sound business decisions.
- Skilled at addressing a variety situations and negotiating successful outcomes with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be adaptable to a frequently changing environment and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Works professionally, ethically and with integrity. Upholds the vision and mission of HUDS and the University.
- A passion for food and knowledge of current food trends is a plus.
Emergency Status Designation: Essential Personnel
USA - MA - Cambridge
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Criminal, Drug Testing, Education, Employment, Identity, License/Cert.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.