The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 07/27/2019
Organization: University of Rhode Island (URI)
Location: Kingston, Rhode Island
Please apply at University of Rhode Island Website
URI is an award-winning dining program serving over 52,000 meals per week to 6500 residentialand another 10,000 commuter students, attending this premier land and sea grant researchuniversity. This self-operated program hosts 2 board units, a food court, 2 retail cafes, 2 coffee shops,a c-store and full service catering.
Work with the Director to ensure the department’s ongoing goal to improve and enhance food quality throughout the University’s food services operations. Assist in menu planning and design and recipe development. Assist in developing and delivering food quality with ethnically diverse dynamic flavor profiles, sustainability, visual aesthetic and nutritional content. Perform all duties in a fiscally responsible manner. Provide technical support to all Dining locations as directed.
1. Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts or Food Service Management.
2. Demonstrated experience in college or university food service or fine dining establishment.
3. Minimum of five years of progressive lead supervisory cooking experience (including two years in a high volume, fine dining food service environment).
4. Demonstrated knowledge of computerized menu and recipe software.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of domestic and cultural food preferences and world cuisines.
6. Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
9. Must have ServSafe certification or equivalent or be able to obtain within first six months of employment.
10. Must have a valid driver’s license.