The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Return to Listing
Project Manager, Senior Associate
Application Deadline: 08/31/2019
Organization: Innovative Hospitality Solutions
Location: Anywhere, US
Salary: 70,000 - 90,000
Please submit your resume to Gary Gunderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An advisory firm that redefines food service management success
To our clients, Innovative Hospitality Solutions is a game-changer. With deep insights in food and hospitality management, our experienced advisers go beyond tired, traditional methods of typical food service operations.
We’ve redefined the relationship between management advisers, clients and food service operators. We’ve innovated around best practices — always challenging the status quo.
Our approach is inspired by transformational leaders. We combine the ingenuity of Steve Jobs, the relentless perseverance of Susan B. Anthony and the breakthrough thinking of Albert Einstein to create new possibilities and memorable hospitality experiences for your employees and customers.
The incumbent in this role will independently provide IHS services to IHS clients with a focus on project work pertaining to, but not limited to, corporations, healthcare systems and universities:
- Represents IHS as the primary client contact on diverse management advisory projects and provides guidance, collaboration, and support to other IHS project team members.
- Accountable for analyzing client present-state programs, developing alternative future-state approaches, and presenting/facilitating implementation plans.
- Plans, organizes, monitors, and controls projects using approved tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion.
- Develops and socializes potential risk mitigation strategies to clients and IHS leadership.
- Effectively communicates in a timely manner with consultants, peers and clients on deliverables, timelines and support, as needed. This position is responsible for all aspects of project delivery including, but not limited to, client presentations, data, systems, and program analysis, and service execution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects throughout the development lifecycle, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs, and implementation.
- Monitor a project’s progress throughout its duration and communicate project status to IHS leadership and staff through weekly reports and/or presentations.
- Work closely with client stakeholders to define project parameters, then translate client needs into formal deliverable requirements, using knowledge of the industry standards, company standards and best practices.
- Develop detailed project schedule, resource plan, and status reports, managing task assignment to project resources and reporting on and managing project scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Interface with all stakeholders participating in projects, including client representatives, service organizations, suppliers, and implementation partners.
- Prior to and during projects, review project deliverables for accuracy, and apprise IHS leadership of risks, issues, and recommended mitigations.
- Ensure satisfactory transfer of deliverables and control of product upon handoff, then close all project documentation and archive appropriate records.
- Conduct CrossCheck assessments per company standards set forth in the CrossCheck User Manual and as directed by IHS leadership or Manager, CrossCheck QA.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of new business development prospects and activities.
- Actively solicit, track and monitor opportunities to successfully retain current clients and develop future project scope of work(s).
- Utilize personal and professional networks to actively promote and market the company’s services.
- Recommend and upon approval implement at least one (1) new service initiative/improvement and/or company process/system improvement each year.
- Attend or participate in ongoing education, as directed by company.
- Maintain an active membership in at least one (1) regional or local trade association that is in alignment with company goals.
- Enter communication with clients and prospects using the company approved CRM tool.
- Enter billable time and expenses using BillQuick Project Management and Accounting software per company standards.
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings via web meeting or in person.
- Participate in ongoing employee engagement survey processes.
- Attend and actively participate in industry conference and/or trade show events, as requested by company.
- Maintain an active Food Safety and Sanitation certification (ServSafe).
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.), in Hospitality / Food & Beverage Management, Business or Culinary related disciplines.
- 5+ years of project management or related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with peers, clients, and operators.
- Must possess ability to collaborate with senior level personnel and provide leadership to stakeholders regarding best business practices and continuous improvement processes.
- Exceptional work ethic, self-motivation, positive attitude, and willingness to learn.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Proficient project management skills
- Analytical and financial aptitude
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Influencing and leadership skills
- Collaborative approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Track record of initiative, integrity and good judgment
- Travel requirements: Average of 2 – 4 trips per month, based on client and IHS support demand.
Core Values (Commitment):
- Go the extra mile to transform a client’s vision from insight to impact.
- Challenge ourselves and our clients to find unconventional solutions.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Educate ourselves every day and educate our clients at every opportunity.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Embrace diversity in all its forms.