The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 09/01/2019
Organization: North Carolina State University
Location: Raleigh, NC
How to Apply
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited and may be directed to Justin Lang, director, NC State
Executive Search Services, at (919) 513-1963 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential review of applications will
begin in July, and will continue until the position is filled.
Candidates should provide a resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval of candidates. These materials may be submitted on-line at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/ (position# 00046023).
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division for retail and hospitality services.The departments and operations within Campus Enterprises include NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark & Licensing, Talley Student Union, Witherspoon Student Center, Rave!Catering, the One Card Office, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, Park Alumni Center and Vending operations. Each shares a common goal: help create a vibrant live, learn, work and play environment at NC State by offering inviting spaces, quality products and services, value and extraordinary guest experiences.
About NC State
At NC State, we create prosperity for North Carolina and the nation. We began as a land-grant institution
grounded in agriculture and engineering. Today, we’re a pre-eminent research enterprise that excels across disciplines.
NC State is a powerhouse in science, technology, engineering and math. We lead in agriculture, education, textiles, business and natural resources management. We’re at the forefront of teaching and research in design, the humanities and the social sciences. And we’re home to one of the world’s best colleges of veterinary medicine. Our more than 34,000 undergraduate and graduate students learn by doing. They pursue original research and start new companies. They forge connections with top employers and serve communities local and global. Through it all, they enjoy an outstanding return oninvestment.
About Raleigh and North Carolina
North Carolina’s rapid growth makes the state a diversity leader and top spot for young professionals and
families. Raleigh reflects statewide growth as a city on the rise:
• No. 2 among the best places for business and careers (Forbes, 2017)
• No. 2 hot spot for tech jobs (Forbes, 2016)
• No. 3 best city for young professionals (Forbes, 2016)
• No. 4 best place to live (U.S. News & World Report, 2016)
• Best big city in the Southeast (Time, 2016)
With Durham and Chapel Hill, the capital city anchors the Research Triangle, a national hotspot for high- tech enterprise. The region’s top companies — including IBM, Cisco Systems, SAS Institute, Biogen Idec and GlaxoSmithKline — rank among the country’s best employers. NC State also maintains strong agricultural partnerships with Bayer, BASF and Syngenta, companies that lead the way in hiring new NC State graduates.
Celebrating its 131st year in 2018, NC State continues to make its founding purpose a reality. Every day our career-ready graduates and world-leading faculty make the fruits of learning, discovery and engagement available to people across the state, throughout the nation and around the world.
The Senior Director of Hospitality Services directs the planning and operation of hospitality services for this $48+ million self-operated Campus Enterprises Division of NC State University. Under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor, the Senior Director oversees the administration and management of all University Dining operations, including dining halls, food courts, coffee shops, convenience stores, cafes, athletic concessions, catering, and vending programs. The position is the community liaison for hospitality services, ensuring positive and supportive interaction with students and all University constituencies.
In addition to the University’s primary self-operated dining program, the position provides recommendations to leadership, negotiates terms and provides oversight of third- party food service providers and coordinates such contracts with the AVC and Purchasing authorities within Campus Enterprises and the University. The position has budget development responsibility for operations and capital needs and for the financial performance of all operations in hospitality services. This position requires substantial operational assessment and new program creation and innovation to ensure services reflect student and community needs, best practices are maintained, and contemporary trends and service opportunities are pursued. Plans for and ensures that facilities, equipment and all assets in hospitality services are managed to maximize their utility and longevity. This position is part of the Campus Enterprises senior management team supporting both long and short term strategic plans and formalizing goals. The position supervises seven (7) director level positions.
Responsibilities of the Position
• Provide budget development and financial management of $48 million for the department, including all
sources and uses of funds, human resources, cost of goods sold and other purchasing expenses;
• Ensure effective marketing and public relations for the department working with the division marketing
department and other partners as applicable; includes building effective relationships with faculty, staff,
and students in order to provide for their respective needs;
• Ensure exemplary food quality, menu variety, nutrition, innovation and contemporary culinary appeal
for all location concepts;
• Keep food and workplace safety, sanitation, health department and OSHA compliance and other
policies and procedures as required;
• Ensure sufficient levels of well trained and competent supervisory, regular, temporary and student
employees, and provide professional development opportunities;
• Provide department leadership in the development of capital projects and their place in the
department strategic plan;
• Contribute knowledge for furniture, fixtures and equipment “FF&E”, and act as Liaison withUniversity
and contractor stakeholders on department needs for capital projects;
• Provide for business continuity/emergency response planning to ensure the campus is sufficiently
served in times of severe weather and other disruptive events;
• Collaborate with Campus Enterprises and University information technology leadership in the
selection and deployment of technology throughout the department, provide effective utilization
and administration of POS, Menu Management and on-line systems such as CBORD, Blackboard and
• Ensure effective support to students with special dietary needs; and
• Work with division and University Purchasing on vendor RFPs, contracts and purchasing relationships to ensure product quality, service and value.
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires a relevant post-Baccalaureate degree with a minimum of three (3) years or greater of related
professional experience, or a relevant undergraduate degree and a minimum of five (5) years or greater or relevant experience may be substituted for the advanced degree.
Required Skills of the Position
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google suite and PC or MAC operating systems;
• Experience with Enterprise accounting systems, e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, Banner;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including public speaking and presentation skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and other soft skills;
• Strong budgetary and financial administrative knowledge; and
• A strong knowledge of capital project planning and construction and its relationship to operations.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications of the Position
• A relevant post-Baccalaureate degree with a minimum of eight (8) years or greater of related
professional experience. A relevant undergraduate degree and a minimum of twelve (12) years or
greater relevant experience may be substituted for the advanced degree;
• Proven success in effective management within a hospitality organization of similar size and
complexity, including residential, retail, convenience stores, and catering/event components;
• Experience with athletic concessions;
• Possesses a strong political acumen, ability to advocate and secure resources and excellent strategic
• A collaborative management style and demonstrated commitment to students and customer service;
• Skilled in human resource management; and
• Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for how students’ campus experience contributes to
their academic success.
NC State provides equal opportunity and affirmative action efforts, and the university prohibits all forms of
unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation that are based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status.