The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 09/08/2019
Organization: North Carolina State University
Location: Raleigh, NC
Salary: $50,000 - $58,000
Apply online at http://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/119571
All employment history must be listed on the application.
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division for retail and hospitality services.The departments and operations within Campus Enterprises include NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark & Licensing, Talley Student Union, Witherspoon Student Center, Rave!Catering, the One Card Office, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, Park Alumni Center and Vending operations. Each shares a common goal: help create a vibrant live, learn, work and play environment at NC State by offering inviting spaces, quality products and services, value and extraordinary guest experiences.
About NC State
At NC State, we create prosperity for North Carolina and the nation. We began as a land-grant institution
grounded in agriculture and engineering. Today, we’re a pre-eminent research enterprise that excels across disciplines.
NC State is a powerhouse in science, technology, engineering and math. We lead in agriculture, education, textiles, business and natural resources management. We’re at the forefront of teaching and research in design, the humanities and the social sciences. And we’re home to one of the world’s best colleges of veterinary medicine. Our more than 34,000 undergraduate and graduate students learn by doing. They pursue original research and start new companies. They forge connections with top employers and serve communities local and global. Through it all, they enjoy an outstanding return oninvestment.
About Raleigh and North Carolina
North Carolina’s rapid growth makes the state a diversity leader and top spot for young professionals and
families. Raleigh reflects statewide growth as a city on the rise:
• No. 2 among the best places for business and careers (Forbes, 2017)
• No. 2 hot spot for tech jobs (Forbes, 2016)
• No. 3 best city for young professionals (Forbes, 2016)
• No. 4 best place to live (U.S. News & World Report, 2016)
• Best big city in the Southeast (Time, 2016)
With Durham and Chapel Hill, the capital city anchors the Research Triangle, a national hotspot for high- tech enterprise. The region’s top companies — including IBM, Cisco Systems, SAS Institute, Biogen Idec and GlaxoSmithKline — rank among the country’s best employers. NC State also maintains strong agricultural partnerships with Bayer, BASF and Syngenta, companies that lead the way in hiring new NC State graduates.
Celebrating its 131st year in 2018, NC State continues to make its founding purpose a reality. Every day our career-ready graduates and world-leading faculty make the fruits of learning, discovery and engagement available to people across the state, throughout the nation and around the world.
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee daily operations of Talley Student Union food service locations on the NC State University campus. The areas consist of Tuffy’s Diner, Los Lobos Mexican Grill, Red Sky Pizza and Jason’s Deli, One Earth and 1887 Bistro.
Management will be achieved by a team of food service supervisors reporting directly to this position. The person in this position must be committed philosophically and operationally, to delivering high quality services in an efficient manner, while being sensitive to the service needs of NC State University.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Set weekly goals and meet budget goals by monitoring labor and cost of goods.
• Recruit and hire employees.
• Train staff to ensure they adhere to University policies and procedures.
• May be required to travel to various locations for delivery and pick-up of items using a state vehicle.
This position must be an entrepreneurial manager and change agent who is dedicated to supporting the ongoing development of NC State Dining department and its culinary services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Home Economics, Hospitality Management or related discipline and one year of food management experience; or Associate’s degree in a related discipline and three years of food management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Departmental Required Skills:
• Ability to assign, train, and coach subordinates on the correct standards, recipes, and procedures to prepare and serve food.
• Ability to ensure that all units are properly staffed and follow established hours of operation
• Possess a strong understanding of hospitality.
• Knowledge of state and county alcohol ordering and distribution regulations.
• Strong organizational, time management, and critical thinking skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software.
• Flexibility in work schedule in order to meet business needs.
• Must be able to routinely lift 30 pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operations and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
• At least 3-5 years experience in food service management
• At least 3-5 years experience in the hospitality industry
• Experience managing a casual restaurant
• Culinary experience
Required License or Certification:
• ServSafe Certiification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
• Certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment.
• A valid North Carolina driver’s license must be obtained within 60 days of start date and must be maintained as a condition of employment.
NC State provides equal opportunity and affirmative action efforts, and the university prohibits all forms of
unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation that are based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status.