The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Return to Listing
Chef Supervisors - Multiple Openings
Application Deadline: 07/31/2019
Organization: Northwood University
Location: Midland, Michigan
Salary: Hourly based upon experience
Please go to www.creativedining.com/careers and look for job openings at Northwood University
Northwood Dining is a rapidly growing campus dining program. With four extensive retail locations, catering opertunities, as well as a successful Dining Hall Residential Program this is a campus on the move. We are seeking motivated chefs who are looking to be creative, outgoing, fun, and dedicated to our customers' satisfaction.
As a Supervisor, is responsible for production of high quality food while maintaining kitchen functions efficiently. Ensures that all food prepared is savory, appealing and food safe.
- Is a Creative Dining role model employee that adheres to the highest professional and service standards in all activities on behalf of CDS.
- Respects individuals.
- Approaches tasks with a sense of urgency that results in timely decision making and performance.
- Observes honesty, integrity, accountability and the use of good judgement.
- Be on time and at work for scheduled shifts.
- Be flexible in response to changing client and work demands.
- Asks questions if you do not understand.
- Be willing to listen and understands the concerns and needs of coworkers, students and client.
- Always be neat and clean in appearance.
- Preparing menus
- Ensure that taste and temperature of all items leaving the kitchen meets or exceeds standards
- Record keeping of temperature logs, production sheets and recipes
- Work with local inspectors (Health Department, Department of Agriculture, Ecosure, etc.) to ensure safe food practices
- Supervising kitchen staff
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and its maintenance needs
- Supervisors must not only enforce rules but also be an example by following those same rules
- Effective communication with all levels of food service staff
- Keep up with food trends and promotions
2+ years as a chef/cook
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The Kitchen Supervisor position involves physical work in a commercial kitchen environment. Responsibilities include moving inventory, product, carts, tables, etc. as well as using kitchen utensils and commercial kitchen equipment. Environment may include hot, humid, or cold temperatures. May require extended working hours at times. Must be able to lift 25lb.