The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Return to Listing
College and University Business Developer
Application Deadline: 08/01/2019
Organization: Gordon Food Service
Location: Taunton, MA
Salary: $80,000 - 100,000
For over 120 years, we’ve delivered the excellence, expertise, and quality products our customers need to design successful food operations and experiences. We’ve grown to become the largest family-operated broadline food distribution company in North America by upholding the same business approach since 1897—being passionately committed to the people we serve.
We believe in the power of good food—to bring people together and make moments special. Every product, every order, and every decision we make is inspired by the people on the other side of the plate.
heDivision Business Developer (College & Universities) identifies divisional customer targets, develops a process to maintain visibility with and build relationships with decision makers to foster future business opportunities. Develops future profitable sales, including matching new business opportunities with current service capacity, while maximizing the GFS value proposition.
- Develops strategic selling approach with targeted potential customers to establish key customer relationship.
- Understands key players, applications, requirements and trends within the College & University foodservice industry.
- Creates sustainable value propositions for potential customers that aligns GFS capabilities with customer value drivers.
- Fully utilizes contact management pipeline software solutions to update team members on status and activities.
- Creates and presents highly professional presentations for potential new customers.
- Utilizes and applies customer profitability model and pricing strategies to negotiate customer contracts to ensure the new customers achieve a balanced College and University segment portfolio.
- Creates steady growth that is aligned with the organization and GFS distribution network planning.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external teams.
- Collaborates with key decision-makers and executives of accounts and prospective accounts to onboard and transfer customer relationships to proper sales representative for ongoing maintenance.
- Responsible for successful customer onboarding and transition to account manager.
- Coordinates the demonstration or presentation of products and discusses applications, using samples or marketing material, emphasizing salable features based on price or value to benefit customer’s business operations.
- Reports monthly to leadership team regarding current and potential customer activities and developments.
- Maintain knowledge of segment through industry magazines and local culinary organizations.
- Demonstrate and deliver understanding of Foodservice Industry and operations.
- Understand areas of customer focus, such as Sales Building, Staffing, Profitability, and Compliance.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and communication skills as well as problem-solving capabilities.
- Must have ability to prepare and deliver presentations and speak at minor functions as a departmental representative.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Must have strong negotiation, customer service focus, be a strategic thinker, inquisitive, innovative and creative in order to build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices.
- Ability to understand and utilize market research and P&L statements.
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies
- Must be able to travel to different locations.
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
- High School / Equivalent- Required.
- Bachelor Degree - Business, Sales, or Marketing – Preferred.
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and safe driving record per GFS policy.
- College and University industry experience – Preferred.
- Frequent local travel – Required.
- Minimum Years of Experience: Four to six years previous business development experience with an understanding of College and University segment needs, customer and business type requirements, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. In lieu of the specified education and experience requirements, a proven capability to perform the essential functions of the job, as demonstrated by an equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.