The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 07/31/2019
Organization: North Carolina State University
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Apply online at http://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/118325
All employment history must be listed on the application.
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s Division for Retail and Hospitality Services — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining is a department within the Campus Enterprises Division. NC State Dining provides campus wide food service to students, staff, and faculty and the corporate partners on centennial campus. NC State Dining operates 14 dining areas, 7 convenience stores, campus concessions, a nutritional counseling service and catering department.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Executive Chef for Fountain Dining Hall. The Executive Chef will provide leadership and direction for menus that are healthy, provide variety, drive satisfaction, achieve plate cost, achieve labor number goals and achieve other goals set by NC State Dining leadership. This is an administrative chef position and has responsibilities and accountability that demand extensive leadership skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversight of menu development, procurement, scheduling culinary labor, forecasting of product needs, and food safety.
• Monitor the performance of staff, develop procedures and ensure compliance with the department standards, and rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
• Coordinate with Front of House Management to see all stations are set up for best serving arrangement and coordinates flow of food from final production to line service as planned by CBORD production system.
• Oversee Back of the House Operations. Assigns, supervises, and directs the efforts of Sous Chefs, Cooks and other Temporary and Student Cook positions, Prep Personnel and other BOH Personnel regarding all food production for the dining hall and ensure that high standards of service and quality of food are maintained.
• Hire, develop and train temporary and student staff that will drive the customer experience.
• May be required to travel to various locations for delivery and pick-up of items using a state vehicle.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Home Economics, Hospitality Management or related discipline and one year of food management experience; or Associate’s degree in a related discipline and three years of food management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Departmental Required Skills:
• Culinary management experience.
• Knowledge of menu planning, budgeting, and production planning.
• Ability to assign, train, and coach subordinates on the correct standards, recipes, and procedures to prepare and serve food.
• Possess a strong understanding of hospitality.
• Strong organizational, time management, and critical thinking skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software.
• Flexibility in work schedule in order to meet business needs.
• Must be able to routinely lift 30 pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operations and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
• A minimum of 5-7 years of culinary management experience preferably in a college food service environment.
• Culinary degree or certification or comparable certification from an appropriately accredited institutions.
• Experience in a dining establishment in leadership role in the back of the house.
• Previous experience as an Executive chef.
Required License or Certification:
• ServSafe Certiification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
• Certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment.
• A valid North Carolina driver’s license must be obtained within 60 days of start date and must be maintained as a condition of employment.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.