The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 07/31/2019
Organization: North Carolina State University
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Apply online at http://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/118325
All employment history must be listed on the application.
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s Division for Retail and Hospitality Services — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining is a department within the Campus Enterprises Division. NC State Dining provides campus wide food service to students, staff, and faculty and the corporate partners on centennial campus. NC State Dining operates 14 dining areas, 7 convenience stores, campus concessions, a nutritional counseling service and catering department.
This position serves as Executive Pastry Chef for NC State Dining providing oversight of the bakery department.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with Executive Chefs and Sous Chefs in catering, retail operations and dining halls.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Home Economics, Hospitality Management or related discipline and one year of food management experience; or Associate’s degree in a related discipline and three years of food management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Departmental Required Skills:
• Must be proficient in the use of computers and have the ability to learn new software programs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain Grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better.
• Must be able to lift 30 pounds frequently and 60 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operations and working in in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
• 2 years or more as a Pastry Chef.
• Progressive advancement from entry level pastry chef to managing a pastry or baking department
• Culinary degree or certification or comparable certification from an appropriately accredited institutions.
Required License or Certification:
• ServSafe Certiification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
• Certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment.
• A valid North Carolina driver’s license must be obtained within 60 days of start date and must be maintained as a condition of employment.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.